Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Forman, Gayle. If I Stay. New York: Dutton, 2009. Print.

Image Credit: www.goodreads.com
Annotation:  Mia is in a coma after a car accident that kills her whole family, she can hear everything that goes on around her.  Mia has a choice to make should she stay here on earth or go and hopefully join her family wherever they are.

Booktalk:

"This cannot be happening. We are a family, going on a drive. This isn't real. I must have fallen asleep in the car."

I have a great life. I've been accepted to Juilliard to play the cello. I have the cool parents that everyone wants and a little brother I adore and a boyfriend who gets me.  But everything changed one February morning. On a family drive a semi-truck collided with our car.  They say I'm in a coma, I can see myself lying in the hospital bed, I can see and hear everyone who visits.  I have a choice to make.  What happens If I Stay?

"If I Say is one of my favorite books.  I got all my friends to read it."  Lyla S. age 15

No comments: