Saturday, March 10, 2012

Walking on Glass by Alma Fullerton

Fullerton, Alma.  Walking on Glass. New York: Harper, 2007. Print.

Annotation:  An unnamed teen is trying to come to terms with his mother's suicide attempt.


Image Credit: www.goodreads.com
Booktalk:

God, Forgive me
The thought of my own mother
dying
shouldn't leave the taste of
freedom
in my mouth

Murder
The unlawful killing of a human
being
with malice
afore thought
I'm thinking about it
Does that make it
murder?

I found her like that, I saved her but maybe it would have been better to let her go.  Dad thinks she will get better. Mom is gone but her body is still tied to the earth. Is setting her free murder or mercy? How do I decide?

"If you like books like Ellen Hopkins you'll like this one." -Jonathan S. age 15

No comments: