Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls

Nicholls, Sally. Ways to Live Forever. New York: Scholastic, 2008. Print. 

Annotation: Eleven year old Sam McQueen is dying.  He is writing a book of facts, stories and experiences before he dies. 

Booktalk:
I am writing a book.  A collection of lists, questions and facts. 
  1. My name is Sam
  2. I am eleven years old
  3. I collect stories and fantastic facts
  4. I have lukemia
  5. By the time you read this, I will probably be dead
This book is the last thing I want to complete before I die.  Once you read it you will know me, Sam McQueen. This book is one of my Ways to Live Forever. 


Image Credit: Google Books
"Ways to Live Forever was really good.  I cried a lot."  Taylor P. age 12 

Waterstone Children's Book Prize

No comments: